Data set of 3D P- and S-wave velocity structures beneath Japan
This data set is the 3D velocity model beneath Japan, which is described in Nakamura et al. (2008, Phys. Earth Plan
et. Inter., 49-70). I distribute it for non-commercial purposes only. Please refer to Nakamura et al. (2008) to use it.
This data set includes the following files,
- ReadMe ... this file.
- discontinuity ... the depth information of discontinuities (the Conrad, the Moho, and the Pacific plate)
- model.p ... the 3D P-wave velocity perturbation data
- model.p.parm ... the parameter file of the 3D P-wave velocity data
- model.s ... the 3D S-wave velocity perturbation data
- model.s.parm ... the parameter file of the 3D S-wave velocity data
- sample ... statically linked executable module (on Linux)
- sample.c ... sample program to use this data set
- standard.p ... JMA standard P-wave velocity structure
- standard.s ... JMA standard S-wave velocity structure
compressed file (include all above files)
If you want to know the velocity values at 35.0N, 135.0E and 30.0 km depth, just execute "sample 35.0 135.0 30.0".
Moreover, you can easily modify the last part of the main routine to get the velocity values at regular intervals.
We made the file "discontinuity" using Zhao et al. (1994,JGR, 22313-22329). There may be some copyright problems. T
herefore, don't use the file for the another purpose (only use for calculating the velocity values).
Don't distribute any part of the package to anyone (it is available from the author and the web site http://wwweic.